Barbara is a Nationally and State of Florida licensed and certified Medical Speech-Language Pathologist. She was awarded Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Arts (2002) from the University of Florida in Psychology and Communication Sciences and Disorders respectively. She obtained a Master’s of Arts (2004) in Speech and Language Pathology from Florida State University. Barbara is fluent in Spanish.
Barbara began her clinical work in the Fall of 2002 at the Florida State Communication Disorder Clinic. She worked as a Speech-Language intern at The Arnold Palmer Hospital (inpatient/outpatient) in 2004. Barbara joined Central Florida Pediatric Therapy Associates in 2004. She is also a team member of the Early Steps Evaluation team in lake county.
Barbara specializes in the areas of:
- Early Intervention for speech and language delays (children 0-3)
- Child Speech (Articulation) and Language Disorders
- Developmental Delays (ie: Down Syndrome)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/ Pervasive Developmental Disorders (ASD/PDD)
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
- Feeding Difficulty (oral aversion)
- Oral Motor Treatment
- Fluency Disorders (stuttering)
- Cleft Lip and/or Cleft Palate
- Auditory/Verbal teaching techniques