Katie is a Nationally and State of Florida licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologist.
She was awarded her Bachelor of Science (2005) and Master’s of Arts (2007) from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Fl. Katie began her clinical work in the Spring of 2006 at the University of Central Florida Communication Disorder Clinic. She worked as a Speech-Language intern at Avante of Orlando and at Bright Start Pediatrics with medically fragile infants and toddlers (2007). She worked as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the Orange County Public School system at a center school for children with autism from 2006-2007. Katie joined Central Florida Pediatric in December of 2007.
Katie specializes in the areas of:
- Child Speech (Articulation) and Language Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Oral Motor Treatment
- Cleft Palate
- Phonological Disorder Treatment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/ Pervasive Developmental Disorders (ASD/PDD)
- Early Intervention for Speech and Language Delays (children 0-3)
- Developmental Disorders (i.e.: Down Syndrome)
- Children who are Medically Fragile